Mountain View Middle School Bulletin for Wednesday, January 23, 2019
MVMS DAY SCHEDULE
Wednesday, January 23rd:
Grades 5 & 6 Day 2
Grades 7 & 8 Day A
Thursday, January 24th:
Grades 5 & 6 Day 3
Grades 7 & 8 Day B
DC TRIP MEETING INFORMATION
MVMS DC Trip Meetings... Registration is still open! Open House on January 23 at 6:30 pm in room #223... This is a great chance to talk with the trip coordinators to have all your questions answered.
Mandatory meeting for all registered students and one parent/guardian on Wednesday, February 13th at 6:00 pm! Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
MVMS SKI CLUB INFORMATION
The MVMS Ski Club has begun. Here is some basic information regarding the process for students and dismissals at the mountain.
1. If your child has ski equipment, they will NOT be able to take it on the bus in the morning. You can drop off their equipment outside by the office by 1:00pm.
2. We will be leaving the school around 1:15 ish. For those that take lessons - remind them that their lessons are at 5:30-6:30pm and they must be in their location 10 minutes before lessons start.
3. Parents picking up students at the mountain - please remember to come into the small lodge (the one on the right if you’re looking at the mountain) by 6pm. I have to get the bus students ready and that is why I need everyone signed out by 6. You can come and sign them out as soon as you’re on the mountain. The sooner the better. That way you don’t forget, and you can enjoy your night without thinking about it.
4. For parents picking up at Mountain View - please be at the school by 8pm. We ask that you be there a few minutes early so that we can get them home quickly. It gets really cold waiting outside. Go over with your child that they have to be at the bus stop at 6:45pm to take the bus back to the school. We get charged a late fee by the bus company if we are late. I will have to send that late fee to the parents for payment unfortunately.
5. For those who are picking up at the mountain - please let me know who is picking your child up, if different from you. I will need a note or email, by Thursday night, with their name and cell number. You will also have to give them my cell number (674-9418) so that they can contact me if anything comes up. Remind them that they have to go to the small lodge by 6pm to sign out your child. No last minute changes unless you call me directly.
6. If your child has a cell phone number, please share it with me so that I can call them if they are not getting to the bus on time. Many times I have to call the parents to call them. This would elevate that process. If you plug in my cell phone number and put ski coordinator, instead of my name, into your phones and theirs, they will most likely answer it. Most parents and students forget my name. I can’t stress enough about parents answering their phones. Students get hurt sometime and we need to get a hold of you ASAP. Putting ski coordinator along with my number in your phone will help.
7. We have a Facebook page if you’d like to join it. I have to approve the people who sign up. So don’t worry, it’s not available for all to see. Just another good place to share information. Go to Goffstown Ski Club.
Thank you again. Pats is working hard on making snow. Hoping for a great season. If you have any questions, please email or call me. If I don’t answer right away, it’s because I’m at work, but I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Paola Gomes - Ski Coordinator
SKI CLUB DISMISSALS FROM MVMS
Any parent who is requesting another MVMS family to dismiss their student from MVMS to attend Ski Club, must send a note stating who is dismissing their student. In addition to that note, we will need a note from the MVMS family who is dismissing the student (not their own student) stating that dismissal. Please note that if this dismissal is for every week of the Ski Club program, please state that in the notes, it will assist us to make the dismissals more efficiently. Please include phone numbers on both notes so that we may contact you with any questions. Thank you.
WINTER SPORTS TEAM PICTURES
Winter Sports Team Pictures will be taken on Monday, January 28th after school. Please make sure that your student athlete has their uniform on that day. Order forms will be given to the athletes by their coaches. These forms will need to be completed and returned to their coach on January 28th. *Please note the date of the pictures has been changed.
MVMS INFORMATION CENTER NEWS FOR JANUARY
MLK Day Research Challenge: How well do you know the Civil Rights Movement? Do you know what happened on these dates. . . May 17, 1954? March 7, 1965? April 11, 1968? Test your knowledge and your research skills and participate in our Civil Rights Movement Timeline Research Challenge during the month of January! Go to the following website to create a copy of the timeline template to enter the contest... https://tinyurl.com/MVMSCivilRights
Don’t forget to use the MVMS Databases to do your research! Go to the following website for login info. https://tinyurl.com/MVMSDatabases Share your completed timeline with Mrs. O’Riley on Google Drive to submit your challenge by the end of January to be entered into a raffle.
Goals for the New Year: Stop in the Information Center and share your goals with us by adding to our interactive bulletin board.
STEM Challenge: Design and Build a Ski Chair Lift
MAKE & TAKE Challenge: Create 3D Snowflakes
CODING Challenge: Code Fractals with Anna and Elsa from Frozen
GOOGLE Challenge: Wintertime Magnetic Poetry
Connect with us: The Information Center has a blog where you can see what is happening. Check it out: https://faculty.sau19.org/course/view.php?id=379
|FLEX & Unified PE||February 1st||9:30am - 2:00pm|
|FLEX & Unified PE||February 8th||9:30am - 2:00pm|
DATES TO REMEMBER
|Winter Sports Team Pictures (after school)||January 28th (DATE CHANGE)|
|Parents to Lunch Mr. Coats' Homeroom #101 at 11:20am||January 31st|
GIRLS ON THE RUN
Heart & Sole! Spring 2019
We believe that every girl is inherently full of power and potential. As the leaders of their lives, these are the girls that will change the world.
About Heart & Sole: At Heart & Sole we inspire girls to recognize their inner strength and celebrate what makes them one of a kind. Trained volunteer coaches use our research-based curricula to teach foundational lessons through dynamic discussions, activities and running games. Over the course of the ten-week program, girls develop essential skills to help them navigate their worlds and establish a lifetime appreciation for health and fitness. Our program culminates with girls positively impacting their communities through a service project and being physically and emotionally prepared to complete a celebratory 5K event.
The 10 week program is for girls in the 6th, 7th & 8th grades of all fitness abilities.
Practice Times: Mondays & Fridays 3:30pm - 5:00pm
Start Date: The week of March 18th
Location: Mountain View Middle School
5K Celebration Event: June 8th
To learn more about Girls on the Run, registration or financial assistance, please visit our website: https://www.girlsontherunnh.org/
Program lottery registration will open on February 1st
No girl is ever turned away for financial reasons.
GOFFSTOWN GRIZZLIES HOCKEY GAME - JANUARY 26th
Friends of Goffstown Hockey - Youth Family Hockey Night
Join us at our home game on January 26, 2019
Sullivan Arena - Saint Anselm College
We would love to see youth hockey players join us in cheering on our Goffstown Grizzlies!!!
Wear your team shirt. $5.00 per family.